Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Possession

I just might create a new blog for the sole purpose of glorifying my new Leatherman Micra. It's the most useful thing I've ever owned! (And cute, and emerald green, and sharp.) Thank you, Kelly. It'll sure come in handy at my new job, too. (Please, oh please!) Speaking of tools, does anybody know where there's a good illustrated encyclopedia of tools online? I'd like to be a little more educated. I found out on new year's eve that what I've always called a pipe wrench is actually a monkey wrench. Bite me, Battle of the Sexes! My only consolation playing that annoying board game was that none of the guys knew what a 'trousseau tea' was for. Ha! Oh wait, the other gals didn't know either. Just me. So the boys whupped us, but that's only because Carrie's Brian is really good at random trivia. Either that or he's really, really in touch with his feminine side. But he didn't know what YSL or DKNY stand for either, so his manliness is still intact.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I don't know what any of that stuff is either.
DKNY? a brand name, but I don't know what it stands for
the tea?
YSL?
--Libby
Played on Internet Scrabble Club yet? I'm kyrie72 on there.

January 4, 2005 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger A said...

I hope I don't offend anybody, flashing my knowledge of bizarre and useless trivia around! I'm sure it's blocking out useful things I should know. A trousseau is a bride's honeymoon wardrobe, so a 'trousseau tea' is where she invites all her friends over for afternoon tea and to show off all her new clothes. Very colloqial, but charming, I think. YSL=Yves Saint Laurent, and DKNY=Donna Karan New York, both designers. I got my Associates from a fashion design school in Los Angeles, and even though my major wasn't fashion, I still absorbed a ton of crap along with my subjects. The thing is that I read EVERYTHING. I can't help it.

January 4, 2005 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger A said...

I'm terrified of Scrabble on Wordbiz! There's a term in there that says 'noescape' and I'm horrified. Total commitment-phobe! No really, I'll buck up and get on there one of these nights. I signed up as marvelousa.

January 4, 2005 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home