Tuesday, September 14, 2004

You want to start a community WHAT?!

I know this is going to offend numerous people, but I have to ask anyway. Has anybody else ever noticed a pattern among public officials -- both local and big-time -- a certain consistent personality flaw that involves their perception of reality? And a missing 'subtlety gene'? My conclusion is that there has to be something slightly 'odd' about a person to make them want to run for public office in the first place. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, because somebody has to do it (not me) and sometimes they do it for the right reasons (the Good of Society). I'm just submitting for your consideration the theory that a large fraction of people who hold a public office do it for the shine, so to speak. And sadly, it's only visible from where they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home