Tuesday, September 14, 2004

What will you think of me?

Today I'm petty and irrational. I get that way sometimes; in my defense, it's a chemical imbalance that runs in the family, but at least we recognize it and try to avoid afflicting others. I'm not throwing tantrums at work or skipping work altogether. I am, however, eating hot chocolate mix right out of the packet with a spoon. Don't worry, nobody will see me... but I had to improvise. What kind of boss goes on vacation and leaves nothing in the candy dish?! Not even a Tootsie Roll or other fake chocolate. This disorder has other side effects, too. It makes me want to take fabulous Fresh-Scent Bleach Free Clorox disinfecting wipes to every surface in my home, including the cats. It makes me want to fold fitted sheets the right way (too bad I don't have an engineering degree). It makes me vacuum the curtains and rearrange the cabinet under the sink so all the cleaning products fit neatly in rows next to the tub of saved plastic grocery bags. I guess it's safe to say that if I wasn't a sick person, my house would never be clean. I think I just inhaled some cocoa powder. May I be excused?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home