Monday, February 02, 2009

Possibly Maybe We'll See

There's no doubt about it, I am a lucky girl. I complain a lot. I know that. But today Jeff turned in the request for a promotion we've been working on for a few weeks now. I would type a draft based on his notes, and he would take it home at night, have a few beers (he always thinks better -- and remodels better, and shoes horses better, and gets well better -- if he has a few beers in him), and think about it, and bring it back the next morning bleeding red ink profusely.

At first I didn't think I deserved it; I'm not the most confident operator, but it's mostly because I have a coworker that does everything he can, whether consciously or subconsciously, to undermine my confidence. But Jeff had a stack of notes on why I deserve to be an Operator II, and has a stack of notes on why said coworker will not be receiving a promotion to Operator III anytime soon. Even if they turn the request down, and they would have to have a very, very good reason to do so (and we can't think what it would be), just knowing that he thinks I am ready is enough for me.

They like stringing people along, you know, so it might be a few days before we know. And now you get to wait with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

Good luck. I like the job title. It would be great to tell people, "I'm an Operator"...are you allowed to embellish just a little...."I'm a smoooth Operator". Har.

February 2, 2009 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger a572mike said...

Good Luck A!

February 3, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home