Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Testing Me

Apparently somebody likes throwing everything at me that can be pitched at once just to see how much I can take. I've gotten the incredibly, amazingly marvelous and the rock bottom unbearable all in the month of February.

I came home after work and found a large, clean puddle inching its way towards the tangle of cords and plugs in the corner of the kitchen, where I have most of my electronics gathered. It's coming in under the cabinets from the boiler room behind the wall and miraculously isn't harming anything, just bathing the linoleum, which I mopped Saturday (so no, Mum, it isn't a sign).

The plumber gauranteed Mary it's just groundwater when she called him, so she dismissed it without even checking. ("You'd better borrow a shopvac. Oh, but go next door first and make sure it's not just Dean's sink overflowing. If you're brave enough to go in there.") So I've been sucking up the water with my wet/dry Hoover handvac and ruminating on the fact that I may very well have to deal with this crap for another year and a half.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shepcat said...

I feel your pain. And this is a case when Dean's overflowing sink would be the preferable fate; at least then you'd have some recourse.

February 28, 2006 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger A said...

Yeah, homicide.

March 1, 2006 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger a572mike said...

I sure hope you've got renter's insurance!

Are you looking for a new place to live yet??

March 1, 2006 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home