Saturday, February 25, 2006

An Inconspicuous Departure Makes Me Glad

Let's take a moment to celebrate. She's gone.

At 3:00 a.m. Friday morning, the neighbor from hell retreated in pretty much the same fashion as she arrived: loudly. Lucky for her, I was already/still awake, so I found the racket on the stairs and the hourlong session of vacuuming that followed absolutely hilarious. (My friend said, "So does she really expect to get her deposit back?")

Friday afternoon I found the dumpster overflowing with trash, rags, blankets and broken furniture. I felt like setting the whole mess on fire and doing a Sioux-inspired victory dance around the blaze, but I'm pretty sure the City wouldn't appreciate having to replace the can, and I don't have a feather headdress.

Still. Party.

2 Comments:

Blogger a572mike said...

Woo Hoo!

February 26, 2006 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

I must of had one of her rellies as a backdoor neighbor once. Same deal with the 3 am parties during the week, every night. Well for two nights anyway, after the second go, at 0600 promptly when they were slumbering it off, I started my seldom used lawnmower, put the revs on full, left it as close to them as i could and went and had a cuppa or two while the fuel ran out. That evening I threw a couple of rocks through their window to get their attention, and it did, then explained that their actions were causing the old bad me to resurface and I was fighting the urge to kick in their door and smash them all to pulp with a baseball bat. I explained that as I had put the old me away, the fact that they were making it reemerge was in itself making me angry. Outcome was that they were the quietest neighbors out from then on and there was hardly a peep out of them, let alone any more 0300 parties.

February 28, 2006 at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home