Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Skater


We still haven't necessarily come to an agreement, the digital tablet and I. It's very hard to control fine lines, hence distortion in detailed features like hands (this was a timed sketch so I vowed not to go back and fix them), and I still haven't quite mastered the whole pressure thing, so other lines come out much darker than intended, giving images a very cartoonish feel. But I'm enjoying the challenge and it's already cut down on clutter. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And yes, I realize I'm my own worst critic. I had no visual reference for this, so I can see every artistic flaw and aesthetically disappointing feature, and I'm probably the only one who can tell at what point in her spin she's in. You're probably just thinking: nifty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shepcat said...

Actually, I was thinking: "limber."

October 26, 2005 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger A said...

That too.

(Word verification: pigzw. Huh.)

October 26, 2005 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home