Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Ebay Disorder

It occurred to me today that ebay breeds contempt. I'm serious. I hate everybody who bids against me. Yes, I know that's the point. But if I know they're going to lose, it annoys me that they keep driving the price up. I'm a competitive enough person, but I'm a gracious loser in most things. Ebay turns me into a win-monster. I have to win. Long after I've lost interest in attaining whatever the item is, I'm still very interested in stomping the other bidder into the ground. How dare they bid against me! How dare they imagine that they are more entitled to the item than I am, especially if I bid first. Take, for instance, the pale yellow long-sleeved AE t-shirt I'm bidding on right now. It says Moose, Wyoming on it and there may be a cute little graphic with a teddy bear and a tent or something, but the point is it says Wyoming. I live in Wyoming. I'm assuming the other bidder only wants it because he or she is a brand whore and has to have a cheap AE t-shirt. Bastards, it's mine! My ugly yellow ill-fitting shirt! Lemme have it! Ebay is not good for my blood pressure. It's hurting my karma score. I'm still going to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home