Wednesday, December 08, 2004

All This White Stuff

The novelty has officially worn off. I don't care if it is supposed to be a white Christmas; I'm sick of this crap. If it fell only where it wasn't in the way and the temperature didn't drop and the wind didn't blow icy particles into my eyes, then fine. But no.

I just saw National Treasure. I'm not going to tell you whether I think you should run out and see it or not, because that shouldn't influence whether you see it or not. Ok, yes, you should. Go. But Nicolas Cage is Elvis reincarnated, and Disney just can't freakin' miss. I know you get tired of hearing this, but I worshipped Walt and I don't care how badly-run the company is now, I LOVE DISNEY. (Ok, letting Pixar get away will cost them their souls, but still. Pixar wasn't involved with Pirates of the Caribbean or National Treasure, and they're fine.) Disney could take over the government of the United States and I'd cheer. Disney is the Juggernaut of Joy and I'm the first one on the bandwagon. I'd eat, sleep, wear and breath Disney. In a way Disney is all my ideals: my creative dream job, my happy place. I could be a lowly janitor (ask me if I really think being a janitor is lowly; go on, ask, so I can sing the praises of Frankie and Martha, the keepers of City Hall) at that weird green sheet-metal Disney building off Ball Road in Anaheim, in the gutter of I-5, and I'd be happy. Close your eyes and try to imagine life without Disney. Sucks, doesn't it? Admit it. You love Disney, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played baritone, and you played trombone. Cool! And of course you know I love Disney. Living with all of other college kids and working at DW was a blast, but the company was rather chauvenistic and tyrannical. Definitely had its ups and downs. --Libby

December 10, 2004 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger A said...

I've heard it's a bitch to work at the theme parks... the backlot tour of Disneyland everytime we played the parade there was like walking through a cemetery. Creepy. I hope being part of the creative force isn't as bad, if I ever get there! Yay, baritones are cool. You'd like my tattoo. Unless you don't like tattoos. Then you'd scowl. But you're a libby with your hair down! Surely you think they're cool. Especially a bass clef.

December 13, 2004 at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home