Thursday, November 01, 2007

Substitution

I cranked out a couple of darn cute watercolors last night. I wish I could share them with you, but because I'm submitting them to the annual American Diabetes Association Holiday Art Search (for 2008), I can't publish them online. So in lieu I give you my first "real" watercolor from last summer's trip to Adobe Town south of Rock Springs, Wyoming, Ed's very special clay wonderland in the Red Desert.


We came across the skeletal remains of an old homestead by a sour spring miles from anywhere, and one of the buildings just cried out to be painted. I framed it and gave it to Ed but photographed it first. And if I get a notice that says the ADA isn't interested in my cards, I'll post them here. Or maybe I won't and you'll get one in the mail around Christmas next year, hopefully with a postmark from some exotic locale. (Anywhere but here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home