Sunday, December 25, 2005

In Case You Were Worried

I'm good, really, honest. By the time I went to bed Friday night I was starting to feel pretty good about the world again. (Everything was wrapped, and Mr. Goodwrench brought me Cheetos, chocolate milk, and The Lion in Winter, and when does that cheeky Glenn Close not improve my mood?) By 2:00 a.m. I thought I was dying (burst appendix, gallstones, kidney infection, my God why do I hurt so bad?) but I took a tylenol and imagined the ration I'd get from Jeff if I went to the ER and they found nothing wrong, so I slept with my cellphone under my pillow in case I found the agony unbearable and had to call somebody to come haul me out to Evanston Regional. By morning it had subsided a little and it got better throughout the day and I got petted and fussed over, so now I'm going to bed with the microwaved rice pack on my gut and hot water with lemon. In the morning I'll clock in at 7:00 and do the lab work and the daily rounds, check the blasted broken UV, and cuddle up with some hot cocoa until my family comes to rescue me with decks of playing cards for Nertz. Plus I have some enthralling correspondence to attend to, this evening's pleasant memories to turn over, and tomorrow evening to enjoy.

Dang, I have to get up in five hours. Merry Christmas, everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home