Thursday, November 03, 2005

Have You Had Your V8 Today?

Why I will drive my 13-mpg-in-town, fossil-fuel-feasting, four-extra-cylinder Cadillac every day until there isn't a drop of oil left on earth (except in George Clooney's hair). And why I feel bad for people who are at the mercy of public transportation, even though I understand that it's a vital metropolitan institution and I actually enjoyed the one occasion I ventured to try it, because that was vacation. I just happen to loathe people in general, and to be stuffed in a moving underground box with them is anathema to me. (Fun and fascinating, Dorothy.)

2 Comments:

Blogger rackorf said...

too right about public transport...not only stuck in with heaps of people all trying to avoid looking at anyone else, they might have to say gooday...you might also have the added bonus of maybe a gaggle of our idigenous brothers deciding that they need your smokes, money or shoes more than you do..I'll stick to my own car as well!!!

November 3, 2005 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger a572mike said...

In one of my previous lives, I was a field engineer on a project that was about a stone's throw from a light rail station in a good part of San Jose. However good it was, the amount of police presence and the number of people that I would see hauled away in hand cuffs lead me to believe that public transportation attracts the dreggs of society, and that's just the way it is... Sad to say...

November 3, 2005 at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home