Friday, April 01, 2005

Start Spreading the News

New York City update: unfortunately, it won't be Garrick treading the streets of the Big Apple with me. My disappointment dissolved instantly, however, when the following substitution was made: Morgan. My only sibling, my other half, my good example, my private tutor, my secret-keeper, my scapegoat. My sister. I suppose I'll owe Kelly a lifetime supply of both Oreo pie and beef jerky for letting me have her, but it will be worth it. RaeDell and Angie were thrilled with the solution. The only problem now is that Mom can't go, too. But, like she says, even knowing how much fun we're going to have, NYC wouldn't be her first choice if she were off to some exotic destination. There are lots of other places Mom would much rather be caught, and we'll get around to that when Dad doesn't need quite so much care.

While we're on family updates, Morgan's biopsy went great. Not cancer. Fibro-blah blah blah and then I stopped listening. Funny how, with the human body, what is not can be so much more important than what is or are. I've been playing nurse for two days and loving it, because it means a great excuse to be pretty much inert. We may very well be heading for a Disney overdose, and I've just never, ever in my life seen anybody drink so much water. I've teased you about it before but it's really getting out of hand, Morg. And I'm not just saying that because I'm the one who has to get up every time you need a refill. Also, I'm so sorry you got a surgical procedure for your birthday, but I'm glad it's over and done with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home